When it comes to streets, Car Free is the way to beÖbecause STREETS are for PEOPLE!
- Do you think that streets and roads are not just about cars?
- When will walkers, cyclers, hawkers get their due space on the streets?
- Can you imagine a city with beautiful, shaded streets safe for cycling and walking?
Can you relate with these questions? Want to do something about them?
Here is how you can help:
- Are there any traditional or modern car-free spaces, vehicle-restricted or pedestrian-only zones in your city?
- Click a picture of any such street or area in your town/ city, describe it in not more than 200 words and send it to us.
Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Last date of submission is 25th May, 2013.
All entries must include
- A picture
- Text describing the picture in not more than 200 words. Text should include but not be restricted to the name of the location, the city and state, date of the photo, and what type of restrictions operate on cars/ motorized traffic – formal or informal – and in which parts (one or more streets), how long these stretches are or approximately how big the car-restricted area is.
Supplementary photos are welcome, such as of signage or physical barriers indicating restrictions on motorized traffic.
- Information about the participant in the following format:
- Contact no.
RememberÖit’s not ëhow’ you click but ëwhat’ you click that matters!
Winning entries will be used as educational material on car-free streets being developed by us
- First prize Rs 3000
- Second prize Rs 2000
- Third prize Rs 1000
All other selected pictures Rs 500 each
|The Journey of the ëcar’Öso far!
The photo contest is open for all Indian Nationals, 18 years of age or above at the time of participation.
There is no entry fee required to participate.
Each participant can submit as many entries as they want.
Announcement of winning entries
The winners will be announced on World Environment Day, 5 June 2013 on the SAYEN website (www.sayen.org).
Terms and Conditions
- By submitting photos, the participant agrees to the terms and conditions listed below. Please read the terms and conditions carefully as failure to comply could result in disqualification.
- Entries must be digital black and white or colour images, submitted in a .jpeg, or .jpg format, between 2 to 8 MB in size (300 dpi). Watermarks are not acceptable.
Click Here for More Details.