NECESSITY OF DEBATING IN OUR CULTURE AND CURRICULUM
Debating is a powerful means of encouraging critical-thinking, personal experiences and tolerance for the opinions of others. We believe that debate as an educational tool is valuable in addressing the issues of National and global interests and how our citizen should deal with it. The process of Debating is dynamic, fluid and changing. Everyday brings new ideas and arguments. Debate calls to task simplistic public dialogues and foments a kind of global critical issues.
We believe that debate is a valuable education tool not only because repeated studies have shown that it improves critical thinking academic achievements and public speaking but also because it encourages the desire to engage in social and political issues from an informed and rational position. And we believe, skill acquired from most basic debate training are important if not essential for a valuable contribution to any part of a person’s professional, social and personal development.
- 1.Introducing Kathmandu Debates
- 2.Call for Volunteers : Kathmandu Debates’ 2013
- 3.Educational Tracks : Photo Gallery Day I
- 4.Educational Tracks : Photo Gallery Day II
- 5.Educational Tracks : Photo Gallery Day III – Kathmandu Debates
- 6.Knockout Round: Photo Gallery – Kathmandu Debates
- 7.Semi Finals : Photo Gallery – Kathmandu Debates
- 8.Kathmandu Debates’ 2013 – Coverage by The Kathmandu Post